Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I've got this =)

I was asked how it was for it to be just Mike and I in the room for Erik's birth. I have to say it was great! It was a wonderful experience and I don't regret it. As I think back to it I'm so happy with our decision with it just being us and that Dr. Mahnke was there to deliver Erik. She is the best OB/GYN. I wish I had her with Kristoffer. She made the experience enjoyable and it makes me almost want to do it all again. But that's not going to happen cause March 14th is the day I get my tubal done.
I have had a few days where I've had both boys all day and have taken both on a couple trips to the store. Kristoffer is being such a great brother and helper. Mike is being a great husband too. Sometimes he gets home and the house is a mess but doesn't say a word. He also gets up with me at night to change Erik's diaper and even makes dinner after he gets home from work sometimes. Breast feeding is going a lot smoother this time. It seems like I'm always nursing though. My goal is to make it till Erik is 2 months old when he can get his vaccines.
Kristoffer and Erik have me wrapped around their pinkies. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I have 2 very handsome boys. Kristoffer has only given his brother a couple hugs and touched his hair a couple times. Still wont hug or hold him. Don't know why but we aren't being pushy about it. With Kristoffer it took me 3 months to fully recover and with Erik I swear I felt recovered after 10 days!
My family feels complete. I'm balancing both kids better than I thought I would. I feel so confidant taking care of both boys and taking them out. It came so natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment